Copyright (c) 2013 Veterinary Marketing Solutions

Usually I foray to eat healthy. But every so often, possibility a few times a year, the mood hits cr for one of those big, juicy, greasy double-decker burgers.

Well, the other day the exhort hit me. I found myself pulling into the parking lot. I arranged my order for me and my daughter who was with me.

While I was eating I noticed something interesting…

On the folder of my hamburger there were punctate lines in several shapes. If I remember correctly, there was a small circle, a bigger circle and an oblong shape.

I noticed that my onderdaan fit perfectly into the larger circle. My daughter’s junior burger fit nicely into the smaller circle.

Being the curious guy that I am, I asked the manager about the shapes. He informed me that the shapes on the wrapper are for those workers who wrap the sandwiches. “It takes a few seconds off of each wrap et sequens makes training new employees much easier”, he said.

He then proceeded to point external about a half-dozen other markers on my cup, brown container and everyplace the store. There were dualistic lines on the outside of the cup that told the drink filler how much ice to put in the cup.

I was fascinated!

You see, the executives at this franchise and alternative franchises are faced with a challenge similar to yours. They are trying to build a brand, increase sales and create a consistent experience for their customers.

But, their help turnover is so high that this is almost impossible without impeccable systems for the smallest things…like how much ice to put in cups and where to point the burger on the wrapper.

Without these systems, the franchise business microcosm would not live nearly as triumphant as it is.

You may not have high turnover like they do in the fast food business, but building solid systems is still vital to your success.

In this article, I’ll be focusing on the marketing and sales systems you need to make your orthopraxy profitable and stress free.

Too many veterinary practices fly by the seat from their pants though it comes to sales and marketing strategies and tactics. The mindset seems to be, society need our services. They should seek us out during in need of veterinary services. Rather than proactively creating systems that are useful and fit into their business model, I discern many practices reacting to something an advertising representative told them or what they heard a competitor is doing.

There are 5 basic marketing and sales systems that I’d like to focus on in this article. They are:

1. Lead Generation Systems. How is it that you erect your phone ring? How do you generate walk-in traffic? How do you put your website in front of the right people to generate an e-mail inquiry or phone call? How much should you expect to pay for a persuade from each advertising medium you use?

Each of those questions should be answered equal a part of your lead period system. To establish these answers, you need a compound of good management software and marketing tracking efforts.

Creating this system endow help you understand your marketing efforts much better and – as an added service – convenient you sleepy better at night because you have a proven system to retinue for success.

2. Lead Capturing Systems. Generating a lead is undivided thing, effectively capturing it is another. If you follow my earlier advice about getting tracking phone numbers, you’ll see what I mean. Sundry veterinary practices are misplaced a palatial percentage of the leads they pay good kale to generate.

If you miss a phone call because your practice manager is out to lunch ere busy with another client, you’ve missed an opportunity.

If you pay $100+ to generate a star that is possibly worth +/- $1,500, missing more than a few per month is a costly mistake.

Before spending another penny trying to increase your response make sure you’re capitalizing on uncut of your existing response first. Do this by creating a lead capturing system. Choose phone answering systems, e-mail reply systems and walk-in traffic systems.

3. Lead Regeneration Systems. So, you’ve generated a persuade and captured it effectively. Now you need to turn it into a paying client! What you say and how you say it are serious at this point.

Many veterinary practices just wing it. They don’t truly have any set script oppositely outline. But, personally, I don’t tout a set script. That becomes overly rigid including your prospective client courage be turned off by it.

Rather than utilizing a script, give those who interface with prospects an outline that covers your objectives for the call and a method to follow. Then instruct them to “make it their own” so they’re comfortable with the language and can talk to people the way they merit to be talked to.

If you do this, I guarantee your rebirth ratio will go up et cetera you’ll expiration up diffusing the sales pressure that your office manager AND prospective customer feels.

4. Carry Follow-Up Systems. A cohort ascend system for those leads that don’t convert is crucial. It’s a proven data that following up with people results in additional clients. However, you must have systems in place to make this both effective and efficient for your staff.

After you talk to a lead, have a multi-step system in place for consequential up with that person. If you are able to capture their mailing address, phone number and e-mail address, I highly recommend having marketing materials prepared for all three mediums.

You should send them a letter the homogeneity day. They’ll get it within 2 or 3 days so the timing will voltooien just about perfect. Let them know that you appreciate them stopping by and that you are there to serve them und so weiter help them with any of their veterinary needs. Give them incentive to fall in within the next 30 days.

Have an e-mail slated for 14 days after the visit with care and wellbeing tips included so you’re not being pesky, but helpful. And finally, have another letter journey out 4 weeks after the visit letting them know that you’ll extend the offer to move in for another 2 weeks and that you hope to envision them soon.

To do this you need good management software with chart and letter capabilities. The more you can automate this, the better.

By doing this, you’re doing everything you can to capitalize on the investment you made to form a customer.

5. Database Marketing Systems. If you’ve read whatever of my other articles, you know that I highly guide every veterinarian to vocation on increasing the lifetime value of each customer.

You can increase the value of each customer by up-selling and cross-selling them related products furthermore services. I am not talking about being unethical here. You offer products and services that your client’s pet truly need. When given an offer, various clients will take it. However, don’t expect them to proactively contact you for your products or services.

Very infrequent veterinary practices market to their database of customers frequently enough. You should be mailing your existing customers at least every 30 days.

Every customer should verbreken told about and reminded of your dependent referral program and given the materials they need to fulfill it.

If you have e-mail addresses, invest in an automated e-mail auto-responder that automatically sends your customers messages thanking them for their business and oblation them something else of value. You can have sequences set up for those with a new puppy, new to area, etc… For those with older pets, you tin have reminders to lead them in for their wellness check and stressing how important this is as your pet ages.

After you’re happy with the result, spend the time and money to have it printed extinguished and placed in a nice binder. Your office doer should study the systems nearly et al follow them altogether when running your business.

Michael Gerber, the world renowned author of the E-Myth put it best when he said: “If your thinking is sloppy, your business will voltooien sloppy. If you are disorganized, your business will be disorganized.”

I promise you this – if you think accurately ampersand critically about each of these systems, your veterinary practice will verbreken better run, more organized and most of all, make you more money with less hassle!